What is SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio?
Business Objects Design Studio is a tool by the Germany-based Corporation SAP. It is one of the main products in their business intelligence portfolio.
Released in late 2012, the tool has already become an important piece of the Business Objects puzzle – as as of current it is the primary tool for creating interactive analytical applications for the web, as well as for mobile users.
Design studio allows the developer to create the user experience as he / she sees most appropriate – as it grants you the complete control over creating the interface. This gives you the power to create applications the way they will best suit the target audience. For example it allows you to:
[purchase_link id=”532″ style=”button” color=”blue” text=”Click “here” to Download”]
- Keep apps simple instead of cluttering them with controls
- Focus on interactivity and rich user experience
- Focus on mobile users by crafting them in a mobile-friendly manner
As a whole, Business Objects Design Studio provides an exhaustive toolset for BI developers to create analytical applications that run on top of SAP NetWeaver BW and SAP HANA data sources. It is fully integrated with the BusinessObjects BI platform.
What are the benefits of SAP BusinessObjects Design studio?
Before diving into details, let us first examine a list of advantages that Design studio has over its competitors.
- Full HTML5 compliance
- Requires minimal effort for applications to become mobile-friendly
- A WYSIWYG editor (what you see is what you get)
- Complete integration with the SAP BI suite
- A wide set of UI components
- Scripting support for full interactivity and rich user experience
- Use of web standards – CSS and a subset of JS in addition to the HTML compliance
- Pre-loaded with templates and themes
The use of modern web technologies allows for an easy transition of a web-trained employees. Not only does it ease training in the company itself, this also means that the effort to bring applications to mobile devices is as simple as it can get for your already experienced developers.
And for those inexperienced on the web, the WYSIWIG editor prevents all headaches. This expands the user list from only people with technical background to really anyone who is capable of complying with the business requirements. This tool is a godsend for business analysts, but this also means that it is invaluable for the business – since it finally allows business intelligence specialists to make full use of all their skills and abilities.
And for those who are less keen on spending a lot of time designing, the templates that go with the tool can cover pretty much any need. From mobile-focused, to fully interactive and with user experience in mind, these themes are something even seasoned designers and user experience experts can learn from. You can expect not only well-designed themes in terms of appearance, they have also been created specifically with usability in mind.
Let us also not forget the complete integration with other SAP BusinessObjects tools. This prevents a lot of possible headaches, that would be a given if any other non-SAP tool was chosen for this task. And while we are mentioning this last, it might be of the biggest importance – especially for large corporations who make full use of the Business objects suite.
Follow our Business Objects training
Want to learn how to use the tools of trade? We at M Mobile solutions have got you covered. By following our Business Objects training you can learn to:
- Navigate your way through all the options in the menus, toolbars and layout editor
- Use the whole IDE effectively
- Optimize your whole application development process
- Powering up your solutions by providing rich user experience and interactivity
- Customize your layout using CSS
- Customize your behaviors by using BIAL for scripting purposes
- Follow the major design principles and visualize the data like a pro
- Make full use of the SDK provided with the tool
The list above is an exhaustive description of everything you will ever need to design reports in a way that leaves all customers satisfied. In addition to the basics you will also learn principals, best practices and expert tips that can separate you from the rest. Because we know you want more than being average – with the training you can become a master of your craft.
We are well aware that practical knowledge is of the utmost importance, so you can safely assume that the training is created with specific business cases in mind – so that your knowledge can be immediately put into action. Click here to download our free training.
ADDRESSES NACHTWACHTLAAN 461
1058 ER AMSTERDAM